Functions of Aerodrome Standards and Infrastructure Directorate (ASID)
- + Developing and continuing review of national standards and practices for aerodrome design, operation and maintenance;
+ Developing and proposing to President of AACTL for issuing Orders, Rules, Advisory and Safety Circulars and guidance material relating to aerodrome standards and practices;
+ Amending the Aerodrome CASRs as necessary, based on international developments;
+ Develop a manuals/handbook for aerodrome inspectors;
+ Develop respective guidance materials.
- + Receiving, recording, reviewing and processing the formal application for an aerodrome certificate, including initial inspection covering the review of the aerodrome Manual, on-site verification, inspection and testing of aerodrome particulars, facilities and equipment, including aeronautical study, if and where permitted by the standards and practices;
+ Proposing to President of AACTL for the consideration to grant, refusal, cancelation or suspension of an aerodrome certificate;
+ Receiving, recording, reviewing and processing application for the transfer/surrender of an aerodrome certificate and proposing to President of AACTL for consideration to grant or refusal;
+ Reviewing the factors requiring the amendment of an aerodrome certificate and issuing required amendments;
+ Imposing operating restrictions and/or sanctions a certified aerodrome, in the event of an unresolved safety concern.
- + Perform regular and periodic inspections on the operation, readiness and quality of the NavAids and communication equipment of the aerodromes and the service providers in the aviation industry in order to ensure compliance with Timor-Leste and ICAO standards;
+ Conduct regular inspections of firefighting systems, evaluate and approve airport and heliport emergency plans, plan and implement exercises, and safety procedures;
+ Conduct periodic and regular inspections of aerodrome maneuvering areas (pavement condition, markings, lightings etc);
+ Conduct periodic and regular inspection of ramp operation procedures and check appliance with prescribed rules and regulations.
- + Check and approve aerodrome Operational, Certification and Safety Management System Manuals.
- + Participate in the investigation of accident/incident when needed
- + Monitoring implementation of aerodrome SMS and aerodrome ground incidents and making available analysis/feedback and promote a safety culture of aerodrome stakeholders through safety programs, guidance and trainings;
- + Reviewing plans and design for new aerodromes or the further development or modification of existing aerodromes submitted to President of AACTL for approval;
+ Plan and certify airport facilities and aerodrome master and zoning plans;
+ Ensure that aviation safety is not compromised due to conflicting interest between land-use and aviation authority;
+ Developing training requirements and programmes for technical staff/inspectors and keep the records.
- + Reviewing ICAO State letters on subject of aerodromes and taking actions.
+ Liaising with ICAO on all matters relating to aerodromes.